MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Police have charged an Alabama man with endangering the welfare of a child, nearly four years after he was accused of leaving a 6-year-old girl in a cold car in a casino parking lot.
News outlets report Zachary Hines was served a warrant for the misdemeanor charge on Wednesday.
Police documents from the time allege that on Valentine’s Day 2016 the now 26-year-old arrived for work at the Wind Creek Casino just after midnight. Temperature data shows it was about 34 degrees.
An arrest warrant says a tribal police officer found the child crying and shivering. It’s unclear what caused the nearly 4-year charging delay.
- PHOTOS: Olympic rings arrive in host city on barge into Tokyo Bay
- Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton
- Trump’s trial begins at the start of an election year
- LifeSouth needs volunteer blood donors
- ‘Bad Luck Chuck’ isn’t taking any chances for Chiefs’ upcoming AFC Championship game