MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Come Oct. 1, a 2-cent gas increase will take effect.
This is the second phase of Alabama’s 10-cent gas tax increase. The first phase, which was 6 cents, began September of last year.
The tax increase will bring the state’s total gas tax to 26 cents per gallon, with the funds going towards road and bridge construction across Alabama.
- Here’s how you can get your very own Tua Tagovailoa bobblehead
- Houston looks to boost turnout by offering 24-hour voting
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- McWane Science Center helping kids learn the science behind Halloween
- Newsfeed Now: Biden returns to Iowa; Trump plays defense in Mich., Wis.