MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Come Oct. 1, a 2-cent gas increase will take effect.
This is the second phase of Alabama’s 10-cent gas tax increase. The first phase, which was 6 cents, began September of last year.
The tax increase will bring the state’s total gas tax to 26 cents per gallon, with the funds going towards road and bridge construction across Alabama.
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine