MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Come Oct. 1, a 2-cent gas increase will take effect.
This is the second phase of Alabama’s 10-cent gas tax increase. The first phase, which was 6 cents, began September of last year.
The tax increase will bring the state’s total gas tax to 26 cents per gallon, with the funds going towards road and bridge construction across Alabama.
- Quiet and pleasant weather for the next two days. Rain returns Thursday with a cold front
- Bush Hills man battling city hall over flooding frustrations from storm drain
- Heavy rains cause pumpkin shortage at Old Baker Farm
- Alabama small business owner still without state tax refund months later
- Early morning fire leaves 1 man dead in Alpine