MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Come Oct. 1, a 2-cent gas increase will take effect.
This is the second phase of Alabama’s 10-cent gas tax increase. The first phase, which was 6 cents, began September of last year.
The tax increase will bring the state’s total gas tax to 26 cents per gallon, with the funds going towards road and bridge construction across Alabama.
- Guess what’s coming to KFC menus nationwide
- Legislative bill calls for security cameras in special needs classrooms
- Bill that would ban holding phones while driving progresses in Alabama Legislature
- Buttigieg: Transportation Department reviewing hazardous material definitions after East Palestine disaster
- Off-duty pilot steps in to help land Southwest flight after pilot becomes ‘incapacitated’