BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Education (ALSDE) has ordered 2.5 million facial coverings for its students and staff for this coming school year, according to a Facebook post Wednesday.
The amount of coverings is said to be enough for each student and staff member to have three at any given time. The masks are washable and reusable as well.
While there is no statewide facial mandate for schools at this time, ALSDE is taking precautions to equip students and staff to help curb the coronavirus pandemic.
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers