DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman is charged with embezzling about $25,000 from the church where she worked as a secretary.
News outlets report that 63-year-old Donna Renee Hall of Columbia surrendered Wednesday on a theft charge.
Investigator Scott Spivey says the arrest came after Cloverdale United Methodist Church in Dothan notified police that money was missing.
He says the money went missing over a 15-month period, starting last year when Hall worked at the church. Spivey says she used the church’s credit card and also wrote checks to herself.
Court records don’t show a defense lawyer who could speak on Hall’s behalf.
- Carnival extends cruise cancellations through April
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?
- NFC Matchups: Where else to start but Brady and Rodgers?
- Central AL Forecast: Gorgeous today; Showers Sunday, Storms possible Monday
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine