BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — An altercation between employees at a Bessemer businesses ended with two people being shot by one of the employee’s father Thursday.
According to Bessemer Police Chief Mike Roper, the employees were involved in an altercation when one of them called their father who then arrived at the business and started shooting. The incident took place in the parking lot of Southland Pipe and Supply.
Bessemer PD says one of the victims was a bystander to the original altercation. Both victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
One person is in custody at this time. No other information has been released as this is still an ongoing investigation.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured