BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Corrections is investigating the death of an inmate at the Bibb Correctional Facility.
Dewayne Foxx, 26, was discovered unresponsive in his assigned bed on the morning of Nov. 11, according to ADOC.
Foxx did not have visible injuries but appeared to have vomited on himself. He was pronounced dead by the medical provider at the facility later on.
Foxx was serving a 12-year sentence for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
No foul play is suspected at this time, according to ADOC. The cause of death has yet to be determined. The investigation is still ongoing.
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Foreign students who take online courses risk losing visa this fall
- Trussville PD arrests woman in connection to stolen rental car
- Sessions steps up attacks on Tuberville ahead of runoff
- Georgia Jimmy John’s workers fired for making noose out of bread dough