BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Corrections is investigating the death of an inmate who fell ill at the Birmingham Women’s Community Based Facility and Community Work Center Monday and died in the hospital later that day.
According to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, 40-year-old Colony Nicole Wilson complained about feeling ill while on their work assignment Monday morning and was taken to the St. Vincent’s Hospital Emergency Department, where she subsequently died.
No cause of death has been determined.
- Netflix previews Chadwick Boseman’s final performance in ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’
- Search underway for missing elderly man in Montgomery
- Woman indicted in fatal shooting of 5-year-old relative
- Eula Battle, wife of Huntsville mayor Tommy Battle, dies
- Run/Walk virtually with CBS 42 and the Autism Society of Alabama