BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 9-year-old boy was killed in a mobile home fire in Brent, the Bibb County Coroner’s Officer report.
Around 10:45 p.m. Saturday, a call came in on a mobile home fire on B I Way in Brent. Authorities believe the child died from smoke inhalation, but an official autopsy will be conducted.
The call came in Saturday evening, however the child’s body was not able to be pulled from the scene until Sunday morning due to the ongoing investigation, the Bibb County Coroner tells CBS 42.
CBS 42 has reached out to Brent Police for more information.
- Comic-Con to be virtual in July; November in-person event also planned
- Statewide outage affecting license plate offices across Alabama
- Your credit report may be wrong, but you can do something about it
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama providing full coverage for COVID-19 vaccines
- 13 dead after semitruck hits SUV carrying 25 people near US-Mexico border