BRENT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 9-year-old boy was killed in a mobile home fire in Brent, the Bibb County Coroner’s Officer report.
Around 10:45 p.m. Saturday, a call came in on a mobile home fire on B I Way in Brent. Authorities believe the child died from smoke inhalation, but an official autopsy will be conducted.
The call came in Saturday evening, however the child’s body was not able to be pulled from the scene until Sunday morning due to the ongoing investigation, the Bibb County Coroner tells CBS 42.
CBS 42 has reached out to Brent Police for more information.
- Cold Air Dives In Tonight | Central AL Forecast
- IRS sending October installment of child tax credit after delay in September
- No. 5 Alabama rebounds from loss to rout Mississippi St 49-9
- Banks Academy brings back football excellence under coach Riley White
- DC Comics changes Superman’s motto, replaces ‘the American way’