BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The remains of an 81-year-old woman who went missing back in June were found in an abandoned residence just blocks from her home Thursday.
Irene Campbell was reported missing back on June 16 from the Collegeville area. She had suffered from dementia, according to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office.
The coroner’s office says there are no signs of trauma or evidence of foul play.
No other information has been released at this time. The Birmingham Police Department is still investigating Campbell’s disappearance.
- ‘Buckle down,’ Jeffco health officer pleads as holiday events continue
- Police: 1 dead in argument-fueled shooting in west Birmingham
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Believe in miracles’: Kansas 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support