BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Coroner has identified a man who was killed in a shooting Tuesday night.
Gussie Lee Tyus, 72, was found next to an apartment building just before 10 p.m. suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
The Birmingham Police Department responded to a call of shots fired in the 900 block of 47th Street North when they found Tyus.
There is no motive for the killing at this time. There are also no suspects in custody.
If you have any information on this case, contact BPD at (205) 254-1764 or CrimeStoppers at (205) 254-7777.
- 2 arrested after leading deputies on chase believed to be a kidnapping
- US Supreme Court grants Alabama’s request to halt ruling on curbside voting
- Alabama groups and lawmakers react to Pope Francis same-sex union comments
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Birmingham city leaders and Health professionals call for more COVID-19 testing in JeffCo.