SHELBY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Shelby County Schools has announced that seven teachers at Inverness Elementary School have been exposed to COVID-19.
The school district says six classroom teachers and one remote teacher will not return to school until Aug. 20.
The remote teacher will continue to teach virtually, but the classroom teachers will work with substitute teachers to give instruction for their classes for the first four days of the academic year.
Shelby County Schools has not released any more information about the teachers and their exposure to the virus. The school district says the teachers’ students have been notified.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42, as this is an ongoing story.
- Patrick Mahomes and fiancée Brittany Matthews announce they’re having a baby
- BPD assistant chief to retire Friday after 31 years
- University of Montevallo to rename 2 buildings named after former governors with racist ties
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida
- Etowah County Health Department to host drive-thru flu shot clinic