TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama System has released the latest numbers of coronavirus cases on its campuses as students have returned to campus for in-person learning.
According to the UA System COVID-19 dashboard, 177 new students, faculty and staff across all campuses have contracted the virus with 43 of them alone coming from the main campus in Tuscaloosa.
76 new cases are at UAB, six at the Huntsville campus and 52 for UAB Clinical Enterprise employees.
The rise in cases at the Tuscaloosa campus led to President Stuart R. Bell to release a statement, calling it “unacceptable.”
This story will be updated as the dashboard is updated with new numbers.
- What you need to know about free at home COVID-19 tests
- HB44 continues to spark debate in Alabama
- Wolf Moon: First full moon of 2022 rising tonight
- Inmates say they were given ivermectin in ‘experiment,’ told it was ‘vitamins’
- Vice president, lawmakers, activists call for voting rights action on MLK Day