BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue say a 55-year-old woman died late Wednesday night after being found in a house fire.
Firefighters were called to Division Avenue before midnight. They say when they arrived, they found a woman inside the house. She was taken to UAB where she later died.
No other victims were found in the house. A spokesman for Birmingham Fire and Rescue says there were no working smoke detectors inside of the house. He also says the fire started from unattended cooking.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses