BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue say a 55-year-old woman died late Wednesday night after being found in a house fire.
Firefighters were called to Division Avenue before midnight. They say when they arrived, they found a woman inside the house. She was taken to UAB where she later died.
No other victims were found in the house. A spokesman for Birmingham Fire and Rescue says there were no working smoke detectors inside of the house. He also says the fire started from unattended cooking.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- 5 indicted in fatal shooting of Ramsay High senior
- Florida man arrested after harassing families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims
- ‘No place like Miami’: Super Bowl returns to South Florida for 11th time
- Lawmakers looking to keep Trump from expanding travel ban
- NFL writer John Clayton predicts Mahomes will propel Chiefs to Super Bowl win