BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue say a 55-year-old woman died late Wednesday night after being found in a house fire.
Firefighters were called to Division Avenue before midnight. They say when they arrived, they found a woman inside the house. She was taken to UAB where she later died.
No other victims were found in the house. A spokesman for Birmingham Fire and Rescue says there were no working smoke detectors inside of the house. He also says the fire started from unattended cooking.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Auburn man sentenced for making false statements to FBI about involvement distributing ISIS propaganda
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Doug Jones wary of GOP rush to fill SCOTUS vacancy
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake