FAIRFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (1/3): The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that the man who held five people “against their will” in Fairfield has turned himself in.
Aritonio Lawrence Bell, 30, is accused of holding five people hostage in a home New Year’s Day. He is said to be the relative of one of the victims.
JCSO says Bell may have been unhappy with members of the household for financial reasons. The victims say Bell forced them to take off their clothes and even handcuffed some of them together.
Bell is now charged with first-degree kidnapping and first-degree assault and being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $90,000 bond.
ORIGINAL (1/2): The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a report of a man holding five people against their will overnight.
According to JCSO, deputies received a call Thursday morning that she and four others had been held at gunpoint from 6 p.m. New Year’s Day to daybreak Jan. 2. They were forced to remove their clothing and some were then handcuffed together.
Aritonio Lawrence Bell, 30, has been named a suspect in the case. He is a relative to one of the victims. JCSO says Bell may have been angry with members of the household for financial reasons.
Bell has not been caught at this time. If you have any information on his whereabouts, contact JCSO at (205) 325-1450.
- Florida restaurant employees receive surprise $1,000 bonus for work during pandemic
- Man survives plunge off cliff after SUV crashes through rail, lands in ocean
- BPD asking for assistance in locating non-verbal man who also went missing back in July
- Subaru recalling nearly 875,000 vehicles over engine, suspension issues
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025