4 hurt in flash fire in Homewood

Local News

HOMEWOOD, Ala. (WIAT) — Authorities are cleaning up after a flash fire sent four to the hospital.

Just before noon, a gas company was working on a leak at a construction site when a flash fire occurred injuring four workers. All injuries are non-life threatening and the individuals were transported to UAB hospital.

In an update from Spire gas company, the four employees have since been released from the hospital. Two additional employees are being treated for injuries.

The gas has been turned off and the area is safe, according to Spire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.