BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are investigating a homicide in the Smithfield neighborhood.
Around 5:10 p.m., Birmingham police officers responded to the 400 block of 4th Street North on a call of a person shot, Sgt. Rod Mauldin said. Once officers arrived, they found a 31-year-old man lying on the side of an apartment complex building suffering a gunshot wound. Birmingham Fire and Rescue pronounced the victim ead at the scene.
Police believe a group of men were in the area when someone fired shots, however, police have limited information at this time.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Florida, butt of election jokes, believes system is ready
- Tarrant to dedicate new city hall to Loxcil Tuck, the longest-serving female mayor in Alabama’s history
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Pres. Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- 1 killed during Zeta in Clarke County