BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 21-month-old child is in critical condition at Children’s Hospital in Birmingham after the child’s mother and stepfather allegedly abused him.
According to Attalla Police Chief Dennis Walker, Maria Francisco Huang, 27, and Jose Morales Calvo, 28, have been arrested for felony aggravated child abuse on the toddler. Huang was arrested Friday and Calvo was taken into custody Tuesday.
Both suspects are in the Etowah County Jail on $250,000 bonds.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Search suspended for Tuscaloosa man swept by flash flooding
- Young holds up, No. 1 Alabama holds off No. 11 Florida 31-29
- Tuscaloosa police respond to multiple calls related to flash floods
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiance Brian Laundrie