BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 2-year-old child is currently in the hospital after being shot Saturday afternoon.
Shortly after 2 p.m., officers were called to the 1500 block of Arthur Shores Drive where they found a child with a gunshot wound, according to Birmingham Police Sgt. Rod Mauldin.
Mauldin confirmed to CBS 42 that the child was taken to Children’s Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
No further information was provided regarding the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
- Hopkins, UAB ground game chew up UTEP
- ‘It was pretty terrifying’: Hero officers rescue unconscious woman from burning car in Farmville
- Texas search group resumes effort to find Aniah Blanchard
- Georgia holds on to win, 21-14 over Auburn Tigers
- Tua throws 2 TDs, leaves game with injury; Tide defeats Mississippi State 38-7