BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The nation’s oldest Veterans Day parade will roll through Birmingham today. Hundreds are expected to show up to salute our servicemen and women. It will start on Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard and 1st Avenue South.
The parade will turn right on 3rd Avenue South, then right on 14th Street, until it circles back around to wrap up on 1st Avenue South and 20th street.
The parade kicks off at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon.
You can watch the parade live here.
Walker County Veterans Day Parade
In Walker County, the city of Jasper also having its annual Veterans Day parade today. Several state leaders are expected to attend, including Congressman Robert Aderholt, Lt. Governor Will Ainsworth, and Sen. Greg Reed.
The parade kicks off at 11 a.m. Line-up begins at T.R. Simmons Elementary School.
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle over the weekend in Lincoln; police release new info
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Juvenile in ‘very serious condition’ stabbed during assault in Walker County