MARION COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Marion County Sheriff’s Department has located two children who went missing earlier Thursday afternoon.
According to MCSO, a 10-year-old and 4-year-old both were playing in their yard and wandered off into a wooded area around 2 p.m. Authorities were called at 3 p.m. to find the missing children. A helicopter was brought in around 4 p.m. to help look for the children.
The children were located just before 6 p.m. in the woods less than a mile away from their home. Authorities say the juveniles were unharmed, just a little dehydrated.
- Alice Marie Johnson returns to Birmingham, has a message for everyone: “I bring a message of healing”
- Candace Owens starts ‘GoFundMe’ account for Birmingham bar owner
- 1 person dead after shots are fired on 1st Ave. North, homicide investigation underway
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’