BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (1/24/2020): According to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the two men who died in a house fire at 2221 Dartmouth Avenue in Bessemer have been identified.
The victims are 57-year-old Cedric Banard Spiller and 37-year-old James Gregory Schuman.
Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene on Jan. 22, 2020.
The coroner’s office states that Spiller was from the Bessemer area and was believed to have resided at the residence.
Schuman’s last known address was in Midfield.
Bessemer Police are investigating the deaths of two black men who were discovered following a house fire Wednesday night.
Bessemer Fire and Rescue found the men’s bodies after extinguishing a house fire at 2221 Darmouth Avenue. Fire crews had received reports of a fire around 10:20 p.m. The men were pronounced dead shortly before 11 p.m.
The coroner’s office is assisting police in the investigation. The men’s cause of death and identities yet to be determined.
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- Alabama voter registration deadline is today
- Some states allow ballots if voters die before Election Day
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Titans fan reacts after team owner saves family from eviction