WYLAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Two vacant house fires are under control after firefighters contained the flames.
One fire took place around the corner from Wylam Park on 12th Avenue. Firefighters responded to a call of fire around 4:15 a.m. Crews were able to extinguish the fire just before 5 a.m.
Another fire broke out a few blocks away from the first on Cambridge Street. This fire started about 45 minutes before the one on 12th Avenue. In this fire, two structures were fully involved, but are now under control.
No one was injured in either fire.
The fires are considered suspicious, and firefighters say they may be related due to their proximity. They’re taking a look at that possibility as part of their investigation.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Central AL Forecast: Rain back for the end of the weekend
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- Parents arrested in connection to baby’s body found in dumpster; neighbors react to disturbing development