ETOWAH COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Etowah County Sheriff’s Office has arrested two people after a month-long drug investigation in Gadsden.
According to ECSO, authorities bought drugs from the suspects during the investigation and arrested them on Tuesday.
33-year-old Marie Elizabeth Elkins (left) and 30-year-old Donnie Earl Clem (right) were arrested with an undisclosed amount of methamphetamine and heroin inside their vehicle.
During the arrest, a child was also in the vehicle, this lead to the two being charged with chemical endangerment of a child. The relation between the suspects and the child was not released by ECSO.
Elkin was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful distribution of a controlled substance and chemical endangerment of a child. She is being held on a $17,500 bond.
Clem was charged with five counts of unlawful distribution of a controlled substance, two counts of unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and chemical endangerment of a child. He is being held on a $39,000 bond.
- Tuscaloosa’s water conservation order ends after waterline repaired
- Reward offered in Phenix City killing of Georgia prison worker
- Pedestrian bridge collapsed in Northeast DC, injuries 3 people.
- Massachusetts bar will actually accept Monopoly money for a few glorious hours
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way