GRAY, Ala. (WIAT) — A train derailed 19 cars near Gray, Ala. Friday evening according to the operating company.
Norfolk Southern said the train was on its way from Birmingham to Macon when the cars derailed.
There were no reported injuries or hazardous material on board at the time of the accident. Crews are now working to re-rail the cars and determine the cause of the incident.
- Etowah County neighbors push back against proposed animal rendering plant
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress