BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 17-year-old who was hit by an off-duty Birmingham police officer’s vehicle last week has died.
The Jefferson County Coroner identified the teen as Jason Jamine Scroggins of Center Point. He was struck by the officer’s vehicle while crossing the intersection of Center Point Parkway and 13th Avenue NE around 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 22, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators say Scroggins was wearing dark clothing at the time of the incident.
No other information has been released at this time. JCSO is still investigating.
- Man arrested for arson attempt at Walker County courthouse
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- Popeyes partnering with Uber to deliver Thanksgiving ‘churkey’
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse