PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. (WIAT) — A 17-year-old Pleasant Grove High School student has been arrested after authorities were told the student was in possession of a firearm Tuesday.
According to JCSO, school administrators and school resource officers were alerted by another student of the firearm on campus just after 11:30 p.m. School administrators located the student and took possession of the weapon.
The student was taken into custody and will be charged as a juvenile for possession of a firearm on school grounds and carrying a pistol without a license, JCSO says.
No other information has been released at this time. JCSO is encouraging students that if they see something, say something to prevent a tragedy.
- VIDEO: Husband sings through Bay Minette nursing home window to his 83-year-old wife
- Birmingham police investigating fatal shooting on 16th Street
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Businesses, communities showing support for health care workers during coronavirus pandemic
- NFL teams rely on tape with virus altering pre-draft routine