PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. (WIAT) — A 17-year-old Pleasant Grove High School student has been arrested after authorities were told the student was in possession of a firearm Tuesday.
According to JCSO, school administrators and school resource officers were alerted by another student of the firearm on campus just after 11:30 p.m. School administrators located the student and took possession of the weapon.
The student was taken into custody and will be charged as a juvenile for possession of a firearm on school grounds and carrying a pistol without a license, JCSO says.
No other information has been released at this time. JCSO is encouraging students that if they see something, say something to prevent a tragedy.
- Officers get down and dirty to save deaf and blind dog from sewer
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- WATCH: How a farmer picks the perfect watermelon for the Fourth of July
- Police: Girl filmed while being attacked by group on North Tonawanda school property
- 19 train cars derailed on way to Macon, re-railing underway