PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. (WIAT) — A 17-year-old Pleasant Grove High School student has been arrested after authorities were told the student was in possession of a firearm Tuesday.
According to JCSO, school administrators and school resource officers were alerted by another student of the firearm on campus just after 11:30 p.m. School administrators located the student and took possession of the weapon.
The student was taken into custody and will be charged as a juvenile for possession of a firearm on school grounds and carrying a pistol without a license, JCSO says.
No other information has been released at this time. JCSO is encouraging students that if they see something, say something to prevent a tragedy.
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots 8-year-old brother in Illinois, police say
- North Carolina man rescues little girl wandering alone in early morning cold
- “No matter what planet you’re from” this monolith is illegal in Utah
- Toy safety group releases annual list of top 10 ‘worst’ toys
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House