HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — An 11-year-old boy and 8-year-old girl have died after a wreck Thursday morning in Hoover.
11-year-old Emrhye Prude passed away Saturday at 2 p.m., according to a representative for the family.
The family has asked Birmingham Attorney Courtney French to investigate. French and his team will work to determine what caused the accident that involved four vehicles.
According to Hoover Police, a 1996 GMC C6 heavy-duty truck was going southbound on U.S. 31 around 7:45 a.m. when it struck a 2010 Honda Fit from behind that was stopped in traffic. The Honda Fit then struck a 2017 Lexus GX460 which was also stopped in traffic. The Lexus then hit a 2018 Ford F-150 stopped in traffic.
“Please pray for the children and their loved ones during this tough time,” French said. “We are committed to getting answers and providing closure for a family that is grieving the deaths of two children,” He added.
- SEC announces partnership with contact tracing company
- Panel to look at old Alabama prisons as new ones planned
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Librarians react to furloughing of library employees set to begin Friday
- St. Clair County falls victim to cyber attack, investigation underway