BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that led to a 10-year-old child being struck Saturday afternoon.
According to the city of Birmingham, officers arrived on the scene in the 1600 block of Montclair Road around 3:30 p.m. They observed the child suffering from the gunshot wound and treated them at the scene.
The child was taken to Children’s Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
According to authorities, the shooting stemmed from verbal argument between two other individuals. There are no suspects in custody at this time.
No other information has been released.
- Fans, business owners ready for Iron Bowl 2020
- Mike Jones vs. Roy Jones Jr. to air on pay-per-view
- Central AL Forecast: Dry Saturday; More rain Sunday; Polar plunge Monday
- Chick-fil-A adds two favorites back to its menu
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes