MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — UPDATE (8/20): The Alabama State University Department of Public Safety is still searching for one of the two suspects accused of injuring one ASU student and two others in a shooting last weekend.
17-year-old Willie Smith Jr. (left) turned himself in Wednesday. 19-year-old Rodrick Lawhorn Jr. (right) has yet to turn himself over to authorities.
Both suspects face possible charges of reckless endangerment.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing investigation.
ORIGINAL (8/17): Authorities in Alabama say three people were injured in a shooting on a Montgomery college campus over the weekend.
Alabama State University’s public safety director said one of the victims was a student. The official added that all of the injuries were minor and that Montgomery police also responded to the scene and placed the campus on lockdown.
Authorities are still investigating. No arrests have been reported. News outlets said the university didn’t provide a time or specific location of the shooting.
- Search suspended for Tuscaloosa man swept by flash flooding
- Young holds up, No. 1 Alabama holds off No. 11 Florida 31-29
- Tuscaloosa police respond to multiple calls related to flash floods
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiance Brian Laundrie