BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person injured at a Walmart.
According to BPD, officers arrived to the store in the 1600 block of Montclair Road at 7:20 p.m. Once on the scene, they discovered a victim suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
BPD says there were also several unoccupied vehciles struck with gunfire as well.
There are currently no suspects in custody at this time.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured