BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue is investigating a house fire that injured a homeowner Monday evening.
Around 3:45 p.m., Birmingham firefighters responded to the 200 block of Meadowdale Avenue. They arrived to find a single home heavily damaged.
According to authorities, one elderly man was injured during the fire and refused treatment but later changed his mind. He was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Anniston to shuttle those in need of shelter to hotels as weather turns chilly
- Arizona certifies Biden’s victory over Trump
- Biden, Harris to receive first intelligence briefing Monday
- Authorities looking to identify Opelika pawn shop jewelry thief
- Man slain in Chicago dispute over hands in Thanksgiving food