BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an altercation at a gas station in Birmingham Monday afternoon.
According to JCSO, the store clerk got into a dispute with a customer. The clerk followed the customer out to the parking lot. The customer then hit the clerk with her vehicle.
WATCH: 1 injured after an altercation between a store clerk and customer at Marathon gas station
The store clerk was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. The customer fled in a gray Dodge Charger.
The incident occurred near the Marathon gas station off Forestdale Blvd.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Police: Clark Atlanta student strangled by roommate’s boyfriend; suspects placed body in bin hidden in park
- Don’t fall for $75 Costco ‘anniversary’ coupon scam on Facebook
- Bitter cold sets new record low temperatures in South
- Mark Your Calendar: Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival
- Texas purse snatcher drags woman down escalator, police searching for suspect