BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (11/21): The Birmingham Police Department has charged two suspects in connection to the officer-involved shooting on the Northside Thursday night.
Demarieo McGee, 23, has been charged with two counts of attempted murder. He was the suspect who was injured by a grazed bullet in the incident.
Monquez Johnson, 25, has been charged with obstruction of justice.
A third suspect who was arrested was released upon further investigation. McGee and Johnson are currently in custody at the Birmingham City Jail.
No other information has been released at this time. The investigation is still ongoing.
ORIGINAL (11/20): The Birmingham Police Department is investigating an officer-shooting on the northside that injured one person Wednesday night.
The incident occurred in the 2400 block of 30th Ave. around 9:40 p.m. Two officers reported to a call at an apartment complex for suspicious activity.
According to BPD, shots were fired at officers and one suspect was grazed by return fire from the officer. The injured suspect was treated at the scene.
Three male suspects are in custody at this time. The officers were not injured.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Colorado State University issues their August update for the hurricane season, still calls for above-average season
- Auburn University requiring masks, urging vaccination against COVID-19
- That’s easy! 40% of Americans think they could compete in the Olympics
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Randolph County crash
- Calera man arrested in shooting death of 19-year-old woman