BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person with life-threatening injuries near Oak Street Baptist Church Wednesday night.
BPD says the injured subject was transported to a local hospital. The incident happened at 32nd Place N and Virginia Ave.
According to BPD Sgt. Johhny Williams, the victim was in a car and was struck by gunfire. Sgt. Williams would not disclose the number of shots fired.
No suspects are in custody at this time.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Bessemer City Schools cancel all fall middle school sports due to COVID-19 risks
- Family protests local hospital, says staff wrongfully declared loved one deceased
- Oklahoma woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- The Great Receipt Race kicks off in Birmingham