BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person with life-threatening injuries near Oak Street Baptist Church Wednesday night.
BPD says the injured subject was transported to a local hospital. The incident happened at 32nd Place N and Virginia Ave.
According to BPD Sgt. Johhny Williams, the victim was in a car and was struck by gunfire. Sgt. Williams would not disclose the number of shots fired.
No suspects are in custody at this time.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Two diehard Chiefs fans getting married on Super Bowl Sunday
- SENATE IMPEACHMENT TRIAL DAY 2: Trump says he’s open to witnesses as trial rules are set
- Soccer players union promises to defend Olympic protesters
- Alabama Hunter finds dog trapped in hole
- “In Pursuit with John Walsh” to air segment on fugitive Jory Worthen