CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — One person has died following a school bus accident involving another car in the Welti community of Cullman County.
The accident happened around 7:15 a.m. Friday on County Road 747 near County Road 703, approximately 6 miles from Cullman. According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, the accident happened when the 2000 Nissan Frontier driven by Joshua Charles Skinner, 35, crossed the center line and collided with a 2014 Bluebird International School Bus, instantly killing him. Skinner was reportedly not wearing a seatbelt.
According to the Cullman County School System, one student suffered a bump to the head and was transported to the hospital while the other students are being looked at by first responders. A total of five juvenile passengers on the bus were transported to local hospitals for treatment
ALEA is investigating the crash.
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage
- Suspect arrested in connection to East Jefferson County shooting death
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Suspect taken into custody after police chase ends in Trafford