CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE: (10/22/19): The suspect has been charged, victims have been identified.
The identities of the victims are still not released after triple shooting and stabbing in Cullman County. The incident took place Monday.
Matt Gentry, Cullman County Sheriff, said, “One of the things that we do know is that all of the individuals here were familiar with each other. The main thing that I want to let the community know is that the community is safe, this is an isolated incident.”
The person of interest was captured in Limestone County.
Update (10/21): A second person has died in a Cullman County shooting Monday evening.
The third victim is in the intensive care unit with serious injuries.
Original (10/21): One person is dead and another two are injured after a shooting in Cullman County Monday evening.
According to the Cullman Tribune, the Cullman County Sheriff’s Office arrived at the scene and discovered three victims on County Road 223 in the Prospect Mountain Community.
A person of interest is currently in custody on unrelated charges. It was determined he was fleeing the scene on I-65.
There is no current danger to the community, CCSO said.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Trial of stepmother accused of killing stepdaughter begins today
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Listen: President Trump calls Fauci a ‘disaster’ and seeks to reassure his team he can win
- Need a break from the pandemic? There’s a snow park coming to Florida