BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The future of wearing a mask may be created in Birmingham.
Local startup business OBEX Health has been taking orders for 3D printed masks. According to one of their owners Forrest Satterfield, the filters that come with the mask are more efficient that one may guess.
“The filters we use are produced within the united states. We don’t make the filters, we have a manufacturer,” Satterfield said. They have a lot of experience making biological warfare filters, and stuff like that”
In case you were wondering, yes, the biological warfare filters function as well as, if not better than the CDC recommended N95 masks. OBEX Health offers masks ranging from $30-50.
You can shop their selection of masks here.
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine