Birmingham, Ala. (WIAT) — Frank Stitt, the owner and executive chef of several Birmingham restaurants, was recently honored with a new sculpture.
The National Multiple-Sclerosis society unveiled “Frank’s Table” at the Rotary Trail in Birmingham.
Stitt, who came to prominence with Highlands Bar & Grill before starting Bottega Restaurant, Bottega Cafe and Chez Fon Fon, helped design the sculpture with South Carolina artist Greg Fitzpatrick.
Stitt says bees helped inspire the table and its design.
“He incorporated the bees wings, and how these wings work is they have to be beat at once for them to fly. That symbolizes the oneness in all of us,” Stitt said.
Stitt was the national MS Society’s legacy of leadership last year.
- Man with outstanding warrants in Michigan involved in deadly car crash, arrested for DUI
- 17-year-old arrested for bringing firearm into Pleasant Grove High
- Bloomberg’s influence stretches far and wide
- Man arrested for attempting to blow up vehicle in Pentagon parking lot, prosecutors say
- Study begins in US to test possible coronavirus treatment