(WIAT) — Johnson & Johnson says it will no longer sell talc baby powder in the United States and in Canada.
The company says the demand has dropped from the product after what it called “misinformation” about the product’s safety. The company faces more than 19,000 lawsuits from customers and their survivors claiming its talc products caused cancer.
The company said it will now only sell cornstarch-based powder.
- Virginia city fires police officer over Rittenhouse donation
- Ending qualified immunity a sticking point for GOP on police reform
- US House passes No Ban Act to prevent future travel bans
- ‘Today we did it’: Biden celebrates 200-million-doses of COVID-19 vaccine in his first 100 days
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say