BERLIN (AP) — Police say the body of a man found under a terrace outside a bakery in western Germany appears to have been there for several years, but how he died is a mystery.
The corpse was found last Friday while work was being carried out at the site in the town of Bad Oeynhausen. On Thursday, police in nearby Bielefeld said forensic experts had examined the remains and determined that “the condition of the body leads to the conclusion that the time of death was several years ago.” They didn’t offer a more precise time frame.
Police said a visible head wound initially led to suspicions that the man was killed, but the autopsy determined that it didn’t cause his death. Further examinations are planned to help determine his identity.
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Foreign students who take online courses risk losing visa this fall
- Trussville PD arrests woman in connection to stolen rental car
- Sessions steps up attacks on Tuberville ahead of runoff
- Georgia Jimmy John’s workers fired for making noose out of bread dough