PIEDMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — Update (8/17): The inmate has been identified as John Wayne Snider.
Original (8/16): Piedmont Police Department found an inmate unresponsive in his cell Sunday morning, the chief reported.
At 11:05 a.m., police officers found a 30-year-old inmate unresponsive in his cell, Piedmont PD reports. Officers immediately began CPR and notified Piedmont Rescue Squad. Once Piedmont Rescue Squad arrived, it was determined that the inmate was dead.
At this time, the inmate’s name is being withheld.
Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and the Calhoun County Coroner’s Officer are investigating the death.
- Due to new court ruling, some absentee ballots across Alabama could be thrown out
- WATCH: Birmingham announces free service to assist residents with financial issues from COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Tennessee home
- Alabama Senate candidates talk policy, opponents in exclusive raw interviews