PIEDMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — Update (8/17): The inmate has been identified as John Wayne Snider.
Original (8/16): Piedmont Police Department found an inmate unresponsive in his cell Sunday morning, the chief reported.
At 11:05 a.m., police officers found a 30-year-old inmate unresponsive in his cell, Piedmont PD reports. Officers immediately began CPR and notified Piedmont Rescue Squad. Once Piedmont Rescue Squad arrived, it was determined that the inmate was dead.
At this time, the inmate’s name is being withheld.
Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and the Calhoun County Coroner’s Officer are investigating the death.
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center