HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — As President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris took office Wednesday, many students across America watched the ceremony from their classrooms.
Those students learning about the democratic process in their civics classes this past semester likely know more than their given credit for.
CBS 42 visited Prince of Peace Catholic School in Hoover to ask a couple civically intrigued seventh graders, Andy Everett and Rachel Swetz, what they took away from Inauguration Day 2021.
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- ADPH asking Alabama residents who had COVID-19 to complete survey
- Police investigating deadly shooting in east Birmingham
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria