(AP) — Authorities say the parents of a seriously ill newborn have been arrested in Alabama after they took the child away from a Louisiana hospital.
Louisiana State Police say the baby girl was born early Sunday with a life-threatening condition. Police say she was to be transferred from Sabine Medical Center in western Louisiana to a hospital in Shreveport. But the parents left the medical center with her.
An endangered child alert was issued. And state police reported at mid-morning that the couple had been arrested in Monroeville, Alabama.
The baby girl was recovered and hospitalized in stable condition.
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- President Trump holds White House news briefing
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say