(WIAT) — While Hurricane Dorian has quickly left a path of destruction as it heads towards the United States, some in Central Alabama are prepared to help.
Those affected by the severe weather will need plenty of essentials that relief organizations will gladly accept.
Karin Reeves, who works for several of these organizations, has set up donation centers that will be accepting gifts starting Tuesday. The locations of these centers are as followed:
- Southern Wellness in Pelham
- Fotowerks Custom Photography in Montevallo Rockco Funeral home in Montevallo
- Southern Cuts in Helena
They are also looking for businesses to be donation centers for the organizations in Alabaster and Calera.
Here is a list of the most requested items they will accept:
- Tarps (always the most needed donation)
- Nonperishable food
- Water purifying tablets
- Bottled water
- Baby food/formula
- Cleaning supplies
- First aid supplies
- Feminine hygiene products (the most under donated item)
- School supplies
- Clothing and shoes for babies/toddlers/ school-aged kids and teens
- Pet supplies of all kinds
- Gas gift cards