BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The coronavirus pandemic has inspired people to help others, and there are many examples of that in the Birmingham area.
Commercial Sign and Graphics is creating signs to thank healthcare workers. Hairfolk salon shared some pictures of the signs on Instagram.
Restaurants are in need of help, but that’s not stopping them from offering assistance. Many have provided meals for front-line workers.
The Birmingham Police Department surprised a boy celebrating his sixth birthday by showing up at his house with gifts.
Sometimes individual businesses offer assistance. In other cases, multiple organizations join forces to help. That’s the case with the Great Grocery Giveback. Young Professionals of Birmingham, Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Style Advertising are among the organizations involved. And other organizations have provided assistance with bagging the groceries.
- Conquer the Baja 1000 this weekend in the Ford Raptor Simulator!
- Cows take over neighborhood
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose