WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — As one Winston County sheriff leaves, another will take his place.
In a message posted to the Winston County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, Tommy Moore announced that he was cutting his time as sheriff short due to health issues. As a result, Horace Moore will take over the department, effective Jan. 1.
Moore serves as the publisher of the Northwest Alabamian, as well public relations officer with the sheriff’s office.
“While I’m sad to leave, it’s easier knowing I’m leaving you all in good hands,” Moore said.
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses