WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — As one Winston County sheriff leaves, another will take his place.
In a message posted to the Winston County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, Tommy Moore announced that he was cutting his time as sheriff short due to health issues. As a result, Horace Moore will take over the department, effective Jan. 1.
Moore serves as the publisher of the Northwest Alabamian, as well public relations officer with the sheriff’s office.
“While I’m sad to leave, it’s easier knowing I’m leaving you all in good hands,” Moore said.
- Idaho governor signs legislation allowing execution by firing squad
- Have a job and a side gig? Watch for these missteps
- What is the Marburg virus? Another country reports outbreak of ‘highly virulent’ disease
- NYC bill would ban discrimination based on weight
- Crash that killed two Amish children raises questions about buggy safety