BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department is conducting a homicide investigation that occurred on Friday evening, November 20.
Marquise Nunn, 19, has been identified as the victim.
Shortly before 6 p.m., police were called on the scene to shots being fired in the 2900 block of Avenue Z.
According to Birmingham PD, they arrived on the scene where they found Nunn lying unresponsive in the roadway suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue Personnel transported Nunn to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
Officers say they searched the area where they developed a person of interest. The person has been detained and transported to the Birmingham Police Headquarters for questioning.
This investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the B.P.D Homicide Unit at 205-254-1764 or call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Baby giraffe, born while the world watched, dies at Nashville zoo