SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Veteran entertainer Carl Reiner has died, TMZ reports. He was 98 years old.
Reiner died on Monday night with his family by his side, according to TMZ. Reiner’s assistant, Judy Nagy, told Variety he died of natural causes.
Reiner was a longtime comedian, actor, director, screenwriter, and publisher. He won multiple Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, and numerous other awards. He was also the father of director Rob Reiner of “When Harry Met Sally,” “A Few Good Men,” and “This is Spinal Tap.”
He was known for his work on “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and directed Steve Martin in “The Jerk.” He also appeared alongside George Clooney and Brad Pitt in the “Ocean’s” film franchise.
- Central AL Forecast: Storms winding down this evening after widespread wind damage
- Trees down in Wenonah due to severe storm
- Florida breaks record for highest single-day COVID-19 cases in the US
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Fire erupts at Lake Tuscaloosa, marine patrol boat sinks while towing ski boat