SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Veteran entertainer Carl Reiner has died, TMZ reports. He was 98 years old.
Reiner died on Monday night with his family by his side, according to TMZ. Reiner’s assistant, Judy Nagy, told Variety he died of natural causes.
Reiner was a longtime comedian, actor, director, screenwriter, and publisher. He won multiple Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, and numerous other awards. He was also the father of director Rob Reiner of “When Harry Met Sally,” “A Few Good Men,” and “This is Spinal Tap.”
He was known for his work on “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and directed Steve Martin in “The Jerk.” He also appeared alongside George Clooney and Brad Pitt in the “Ocean’s” film franchise.
- Hoover dispatchers heading to Baldwin County to offer relief
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- President Trump approves major disaster declaration in Alabama after Hurricane Sally
- 60-year-old woman killed, teen injured in Elyton Village shooting in Birmingham
- Birmingham Public library furloughing 158 employees