BOONSBORO, Md. (WDVM)– A Maryland man has been charged with raping a boy on the Appalachian Trail near the border of Frederick County.
Jason Cochrane, 43, is charged with sexual abuse of a minor, second degree rape and other counts after police discovered Cochrane and an adolescent boy in a camping tent.
Inside the tent, officers discovered condoms and sex toys, and according to court documents, police have confirmed with DNA testing that Cochrane and the boy had sexual contact and the boy was given crystal meth.
“While the juvenile was speaking with the officers, he was very responsive and compliant with the officers,” said PIO Maryland Department Natural Resources Lauren Moses.
Cochrane is being held without bond.
- Central AL Forecast: Drier and cooler weather dominates the forecast
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression Twenty Two forms in the Gulf.
- Travel agencies cope with closures from Hurricane Sally
- Multiple reports of stolen catalytic converters in south Talladega County
- ‘There’s nowhere for her to go’: COVID-19 patient to be kicked out of hospital, family says