BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The YMCA of Greater Birmingham is preparing to temporarily convert to an all-day child care center for first responders and health care workers.
According to a press release sent out by the group, the childcare center would serve those working at four local hospitals during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As the YMCA prepares for the temporary transition, there’s no specific date that the service will become available. The childcare will become available if it becomes a “significant need.”
The YMCA is requesting members continue to pay their membership fees during the gym’s closure. The membership fees fund outreach efforts for the organization throughout the year.
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol
- Budweiser joins Coke, Pepsi brands in sitting out Super Bowl
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial