BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The YMCA of Greater Birmingham is preparing to temporarily convert to an all-day child care center for first responders and health care workers.
According to a press release sent out by the group, the childcare center would serve those working at four local hospitals during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As the YMCA prepares for the temporary transition, there’s no specific date that the service will become available. The childcare will become available if it becomes a “significant need.”
The YMCA is requesting members continue to pay their membership fees during the gym’s closure. The membership fees fund outreach efforts for the organization throughout the year.
- 1 person dead after shots are fired on 1st Ave. North, homicide investigation underway
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’
- VIDEO: Protesters block 3 Mile Bridge, one seen riding on the hood of a vehicle
- McAllen man who waved chainsaw at protesters charged with assault